( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Sheila practices in all areas of estates and trusts litigation, and has built a reputation as a skilled and tenacious advocate. Based on her expertise in this area, her peers have elected her one of the Best Lawyers in Canada. Sheila is pragmatic, and clients value her knack for getting to the heart of an issue, and providing results-driven and cost-effective legal advice.
Sheila acts for individuals and their families, trust companies, financial institutions and charitable organizations in estates, trusts, and capacity related matters. Her practice includes will challenges, dependant support claims, passing of accounts, guardianship proceedings, power of attorney disputes and complex trust proceedings.
Sheila is active in the legal community and frequently writes for, speaks and presents at continuing legal education programs for the profession. Sheila sits on the executive of the Ontario Bar Association’s Trusts and Estates Section as well as the Elder Law Section.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Trusts and Estates Law, 2022
- Author, « Protecting the Prince: Estate Planning in the Royal Family » Money & Family Law, March 16 2021
- Author, « Handmade: Issues with Holograph Wills, » The Lawyers Daily, February 25, 2021
- Co-Author, « When Does an Attorney Start to Act, » 23rd Estates and Trusts Summit, » Law Society of Ontario, October 8, 2020
- Author, « David v Goliath: The Court of Appeal on Litigation with Self-Represented Parties, » Ontario Bar Association, June 10, 2020
- Ontario Bar Association Trusts and Estates Law Section Executive, Member-at-Large (2021 – present)
- Ontario Bar Association Elder Law Section Executive, Member-at-Large (2019 – 2021)
- Toronto Lawyers’ Association
- Advocates Society
- Legal Education Action Fund
- Women’s Law Association of Ontario
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2013
- B.A. (Hons), English Literature, University of Ottawa
- LL.B., Queen Mary University of London
- M.Sc., Global Health, Trinity College Dublin