- Martin Rochwerg, co-authoring with Rahul Sharma and Wendi Crowe, contributes to Trusts Global Guide – 2016/2017 – Country Canada. The article is in question and answer format. This will be in an international book on Global Guide – October, 2016.
- Susan Manwaring spoke at the 2016 Nonprofit Driven Conference hosted by the Ontario Nonprofit Network, joining the panel on “Strengthening Social Enterprise in Ontario”, on October 20, 2016.
- Martin Rochwerg is participating in CBA, Wills, Estates and Trust Fundamentals for Estate Practitioners on October 26 to 30th, Toronto Ontario. He is speaking on “Post-Mortem Holdco Planning” on October 27, 2016.
- Sarah Fitzpatrick is speaking at Continuing Legal Education Society of BC’s Charities and Not-For-Profit Law Conference 2016 on October 27, 2016.
- Martin Rochwerg will be presenting at The Canadian Bar Association’s conference on Wills, Estates and Trust Fundamentals for Estate Practitioners, on the topic of “Post-Mortem Holdco Planning” on October 28, 2016.
- Sarah Fitzpatrick is speaking at a program of the Continuing Legal Education Society of BC on the topic of “BC’s New Societies Act for Legal Support Staff” on October 28, 2016.
- Kate Lazier is speaking at the Social Finance Forum on a panel regarding investing in program-related investments on October 28, 2016.
- Robert Hayhoe is speaking at the Ontario Bar Association on the topic “Technical Tax Updates: International Tax, Graduated Rate Estates, Life Insurance and Charity Issues” on November 3, 2016.
- Susan Manwaring is speaking at the Philanthropic Foundations of Canada Conference in Vancouver on the topic “What’s New in the World of Charity Regulation?” with Tony Manconi, Director General, Charities Directorate and Margaret Mason, Bull Housser LLP on November 3, 2016.
- Kate Lazier is speaking at St. Paul’s Anglican Church at an event hosted by Grant Thornton LLP on the topic “Succeeding Beyond the Box” on November 3, 2016.
Social Impact Newsletter
This publication is provided as an information service and may include items reported from other sources. We do not warrant its accuracy. This information is not meant as legal opinion or advice.
Miller Thomson LLP uses your contact information to send you information electronically on legal topics, seminars, and firm events that may be of interest to you. If you have any questions about our information practices or obligations under Canada's anti-spam laws, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2021 Miller Thomson LLP. This publication may be reproduced and distributed in its entirety provided no alterations are made to the form or content. Any other form of reproduction or distribution requires the prior written consent of Miller Thomson LLP which may be requested by contacting email@example.com.