The Government intends to proceed with the following previously announced tax and related measures, as modified to take into account consultations and deliberations since their release:
- Proposed changes to certain GST/HST rules relating to financial institutions released on January 28, 2011;
- Automobile expense amounts for 2012 announced on December 29, 2011, and for 2013 announced on December 28, 2012;
- Legislative proposals implementing the proposed changes to the life insurance policyholder exemption test announced in the March 29, 2012 Budget;
- Legislative proposals released on June 8, 2012 relating to improving the caseload management of the Tax Court of Canada;
- Legislative proposals released on July 25, 2012 relating to specified investment flow-through entities, real estate investment trusts and publicly-traded corporations;
- Legislative proposals released on November 27, 2012 relating to income tax rules applicable to Canadian banks with foreign affiliates; and
- Legislative proposals released on December 21, 2012 relating to income tax technical amendments.