Miller Thomson’s Transactions & Leasing Group is comprised of a team of professionals spanning 12 offices located in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Quebec, with in-depth knowledge and experience who are ready to assist with any real property needs. We offer a full complement of services and the expertise to help you navigate land acquisition and disposition, ownership and transaction structuring, financing, land use planning and development, joint ventures and mixed use developments. We also have extensive experience in commercial lease negotiations including retail, industrial and office leasing. We take an innovative and proactive approach to developing and implementing solutions to the challenges faced by our clients in their real estate transactions and management of real estate assets.
Our Group works hand in hand with colleagues in related fields of expertise such as corporate, construction, environmental, tax, zoning and municipal law to ensure a collaborative and comprehensive approach to the success of your projects.
We represent a wide array of vendors, purchasers, landlords, tenants, developers, real estate advisors, hotel owners and operators, REITs, private and institutional lenders, as well as domestic and foreign investors who are attracted to the highly competitive Canadian real estate market. Our seasoned experts provide strategic, creative and sound advice in all areas of commercial real estate from day-to-day operational issues, acting as an extension of and complement to in-house counsel, to transactional complications, including in the following key areas of expertise:
- Transaction and investment structuring for acquisition and development
- Acquisition and disposition of all classes of real property assets including development, mixed-use, multi-residential, office, retail, industrial, hotel and recreational properties
- Real estate financing including construction, mixed-use project and long-term loans
- Ownership structuring for real property including shareholder arrangements, partnerships and joint ventures
- Development, land use and subdivision
- Property and project management
- Commercial leasing
- Asset management
- Construction, development and property management agreements