The health industry is constantly growing and evolving. Miller Thomson’s Health Industry Group helps clients navigate this complex landscape, providing clear analysis and intelligent solutions for all their legal needs. Our Group has in depth knowledge of national, provincial and local issues and provides a wide range of legal services to clients from both the public and private sector. We understand the unique perspectives, needs and concerns of the health industry, and are committed to helping clients find practical solutions that work for them.
Our team consists of lawyers from all disciplines, who have expertise in their respective specialties and extensive experience serving the health industry across the country. We utilize an integrated service delivery model that accesses the full complement of the firm’s legal and business resources, which allows us to provide clients with the expertise and strategic advice they need, when they need it.
As acknowledged thought leaders, our lawyers work closely with organizations and individuals in all aspects of the industry including:
- health service providers (including hospitals, regional health authorities, long-term care facilities, community health and social service organizations, home care, clinics, health professionals, pharmacies, diagnostic and laboratory providers)
- life sciences (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and technology)
- professional associations and regulatory colleges
- executive, vocational health and private health
- research and innovation
- financing and venture capital
- design professionals and construction companies.
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide cohesive, risk-managed advice on both a proactive and reactive basis. We develop strategies to help position our clients to prevent legal issues, avoid potential liability and regulatory or business disputes, and effectively manage legal and risk matters that arise.
We support clients in many areas, including:
- Health Law & Regulatory Compliance
- Public Health & Emergency Preparedness
- Health Professional Regulation
- Corporate/Commercial & Governance
- E-health & Information Sharing
- Privacy & Anti-Spam Legislation
- Health Advocacy
- Risk & Claims Management
- Labour & Employment
- Construction & Procurement
- Intellectual Property & Information Technology
- Government Relations
We also offer a number of value-added services to the health industry, including:
- Miller Thomson On Call™ for the Health Industry, which provides access to preliminary legal advice on an as needed basis, for a set annual fee. The program offers a cost-efficient approach to legal services, and is consistently recognized as providing excellent value.
- Educational services, such as customized programs and workshops intended to keep health industry clients up-to-date on current legislative, policy and legal developments;
- Updates, Newsletters and Communiqués available electronically, free-of-charge, to help you keep abreast of recent hot topics, changes and initiatives affecting the health industry.
- HealthPortal, a one-stop, online source for information and resources for the health industry.
- Coffee Talk, our complimentary webinar series offering updates on current health industry trends and on issues relating to legislation, policy and case law.