Philipp Park is the Managing Partner of Miller Thomson’s Montréal office and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. He practises corporate commercial law with a particular emphasis on acquisitions and divestitures, corporate reorganizations, and corporate finance. Philipp represents multinational corporations, private equity funds and start-up companies in various sectors and his transactional experience includes domestic and cross-border corporate transactions.
Philipp has significant experience in venture capital and private equity transactions and has also developed an expertise in the video game and information technology sectors. He also has considerable experience in advising foreign corporations wishing to establish a presence in Canada.
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2016-2022; Corporate Law, 2019-2022
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory – Corporate Commercial Law, 2020-2022
- Benchmark Litigation Canada – Litigation Star: Commercial, 2020
- Counsel to Fengate Private Equity, a division of Fengate Asset Management, with respect to an equity investment in Grace Clinics Corp (GraceMed), a Canadian plastic and cosmetic surgery, dermatology, and medical aesthetics business, on behalf of LiUNA Pension Fund of Central and Eastern Canada.
- Counsel to Appnovation Technologies Inc. with respect to a follow-on investment from Canadian Business Growth Fund and Export Development Canada.
- Counsel to two private equity firms in a multimillion dollar financing round of a major Canadian cloud and data center provider to fund its strategic acquisition of various assets in the data center industry.
- Counsel to Game On Creative, Inc., a motion capture, cinematics and audio services provider in the gaming industry, in its cross-border sale to Polish company PCF Group S.A. (People Can Fly), a leading AAA-games developer.
- Counsel to Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Investissement Québec, which participated in a $53 million Series C round of financing in AddEnergie, a North American charging network operator for electric vehicles and a major provider of smart charging software and equipment.
- Counsel to Appnovation in a Series B financing raising $10.55 million from the Canadian Business Growth Fund, Business Growth Fund, and Export Development Canada.
- Counsel to Game Seer Venture Partners GmbH, a German-based investment company, in a cross-border financing of US $1.75 million in Breaking Walls, a Canadian video game development studio.
- Counsel to nventive, a Montréal-based mobile and web application studio, in its amalgamation with Les Applications Mobiles Agyl Inc. (Cortex), a digital innovation studio.
- Counsel to Tuque Games Inc. in its acquisition by Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc.
- Counsel to Boulder Food Group, a venture capital firm, in its investment in Mid-Day Squares, a food and beverage company based in Montreal, QC.
- Counsel to Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, which led a CAN$200 million Series B round investment in Element AI, a global developer of artificial intelligence-powered software solutions.
- Counsel to Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in a minority stake acquisition of Golf Avenue, the largest online retailer of pre-owned golf equipment in Canada.
- Counsel to Appnovation Technologies Inc., a Vancouver-based digital consultancy, in a $15 million equity financing from a joint partnership between Canadian Business Growth Fund and the BGF.
- Counsel to Keywords Studios in their acquisition of Vancouver-based Descriptive Video Works.
- Counsel to the sole shareholder of nVentive Inc., a mobile and web application studio based in Montreal, QC, on the acquisition of Crew Collective & Café by his personal holding company.
- Counsel to Riposte Games & Co., a Montreal-based games developer, in their acquisition by Kabam Games, a developer and publisher of massive multiplayer social games.
- Counsel PAREX, an international construction chemical company, in its acquisition of CTM Coatings Inc., a Canadian specialist of flooring compound systems.
- Counsel to Keywords Canada Holdings Inc., an Irish technical services provider, in its acquisition of Sunny Side Up Creative.
- Counsel to Compulsion Games Inc. with respect to an acquisition by Microsoft Studios.
- Counsel to Keywords Studios, an Irish technical services provider, in its acquisition of Snowed In Studios.
- Counsel to Marriott International, Inc. in the sale of Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel to a private investor.
- Counsel to CDP Investissements Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, in its acquisition of IT service provider Groupe Conseil FX Innovation Inc.
- Counsel to Evercondo, a leading online platform for condo communities based in Toronto, in its cross-border acquisition by US-based FRONTSTEPS
- Counsel to Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec which led a US$166 million round for Lightspeed POS Inc., the most powerful cloud-based point-of-sale solution for independent businesses, in-store and online.
- Canadian counsel to US-based Dorman Products, Inc., a leading supplier in the automotive aftermarket, in its cross-border acquisition of MAS Automotive Distribution Inc., a premium chassis parts and control arm company, headquartered in Montréal, Quebec.
- Canadian counsel to Keywords Studios PLC in its US$66.4 million cross-border acquisition of two North America-focused businesses from Volt Information Services Inc.
- Canadian counsel to Keywords Studios PLC in its acquisitions of Paris-based localization specialists La Marque Rose SARL, Asrec SAS and the subsidiary companies of holding company, Dune Media SAS, trading as Dune Sound and Around the Word.
- Counsel to Appnovation Technologies Inc., a global technology enabled services provider, with respect to its acquisition of Wunderkraut Benelux, a leading European digital agency.
- Counsel to Keywords Studios plc in its acquisition of video game service providers GVGS and Enzyme Testing Labs.
- Counsel to Keywords International Corporation Inc. in its acquisition of the entire equity share capital of Volta Creation Inc.
- Counsel to the shareholders of BuildIT Software & Solutions Ltd. in its cross-border acquisition by FARO Technologies, Inc.
- Counsel to Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec with respect to its $18 million investment in Moment Factory.
- Counsel to Canadian game investor Execution Labs on the negotiation of an equity investment and partnership with independent game developer Robot Loves Kitty on the Upsilon Circuit streamed video game show.
- Counsel to Sirena A/S and Lyons Seafoods Ltd. in their purchase of 50% of the issued and outstanding shares of Les Pecheries Marinard Ltee
- Canadian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Quebec Bar, 2002
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2001
- B.A., Concordia University, 1997