Manav Singhla has an active construction litigation and commercial litigation practice. He focuses on providing practical, business-oriented, and cost-effective legal solutions to his clients through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation. Manav’s goal is to be a trusted adviser to his clients.
Manav advises and advocates for owners, general contractors, subcontractors, and material suppliers on a range of construction-related matters including construction liens; claims for breach of contract, breach of trust, negligence and delay; and insolvency and bankruptcy matters in the context of construction projects.
Manav also maintains a broad commercial litigation practice in which he acts for clients on debt recovery, shareholder disputes, real property disputes, defamation matters, trademark litigation, condominium litigation, torts, and general contract disputes.
Manav received his Juris Doctorate from Queen’s University in 2013. While at law school, Manav volunteered as a caseworker at Queen’s Legal Aid and served as President of the Society of Asians in Law. Manav also participated in an internship with the United Nations Development Programme in Thailand.
Prior to studying law, Manav obtained his Honours Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with a Certificate in Global Management from the Richard Ivey School of Business and worked as an analyst for a multinational human resources consulting firm.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Bonn Law Award for Best Cross-Examination, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association Moot Cup (2013)
- Venngo Inc. v. Concierge Connection Inc. (Perkopolis, Morgan C. Marlowe and Richard Thomas Joynt), 2015 FC 1338 (successfully defended against numerous claims of trade mark infringement and other breaches of the Trade-marks Act)
- Ryerson University Pro Bono Clinic, Volunteer
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- South Asian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2014
- J.D., Queen’s University, 2013
- Honours B.A. (business administration), Richard Ivey School of Business, 2007