Julien Morier is a Partner in Miller Thomson's Business Law Group. His practice focuses mainly on transactions and commercial matters. It notably covers mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, private equity, reorganizations and general corporate governance.
Julien has also significant experience in negotiating commercial agreements, including distribution, supply and service agreements. He advises clients from various industries and sizes, including market leaders in retail, natural resources and information technology, as well as institutional investors and start-ups.
- Counsel to Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Sandoz Inc. in the retransfer of the largest sterile pharmaceutical plant for injectable medicines in Canada from Ernst & Young Inc., in its capacity as court-appointed receiver in the receivership of Avara Boucherville Pharmaceuticals Services, Inc.
- Counsel to Alliance Consumer Growth, Eurazeo and HOOPP Capital Partners in connection with their minority investment in Vancouver-based Herschel Supply Co., a design-driven global lifestyle brand
- Counsel to Digital Colony in connection with its $720 million acquisition of the Canadian connectivity services and data center businesses of Cogeco Communications Inc.
- Counsel to Serdy Média Inc. and Serdy Vidéo Inc. in connection with their sale and that of speciality channels Évasion and Zeste to TVA Group for an aggregate amount of $24 million
- Counsel to Charter Oak Equity, L.P., of Westport, Connecticut, in the recapitalization, in conjunction with the Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec, of Licaplast Industries – Emballages Inc. of Montréal, Quebec
- Counsel to shareholders of CV Logistics Inc. in connection with its sale to Delmar International Inc.
- Counsel to LRBG Chemicals Inc. in connection with its management buyout of the resin business of Rayonier, located in Longueuil, Quebec and Toledo, Ohio
- Counsel to GP Strategies Corporation, in its acquisition of Montréal-based IC Axon, a leader in developing science-driven training for pharmaceutical and life science
- Counsel to Canadian Legal Information Institute (CanLII) with its acquisition of Lexum Informatique Juridique Inc.
- Counsel to Mnubo Inc. in connection with its $16.5M Series B financing
- Counsel to Fonds Manufacturier Québécois II s.e.c. in connection with its investment in Kinova Inc.
- Counsel to Arbec Forest Products Inc. in connection with the construction of a bio-crude production facility in Port-Cartier, Québec and its government funding
- Counsel to Syntax Systems Ltd. and its principals in connection with a strategic investment by NOVACAP
- Counsel to Metric Asset Management Limited in connection with its acquisition of Fiera Capital Corporation’s stake in Fiera Quantum Limited Partnership
- Counsel to CDP Investissements , a wholly owned subsidiary of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, in connection with its investment in Moment Factory Studios Inc.
- Counsel to Groupe Marcelle Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Lise Watier Cosmétiques Inc.
- Counsel to Cascade Orthopedic Supply Inc. in connection with its acquisition of OrtoPed Inc.
- Counsel to BMO Capital Corporation in connection with its investment in Rideau Recognition Solutions Inc.
- Counsel to Sirena A/S and Lyons Seafood Limited in connection with their acquisition of a stake in Les Pêcheries Marinard Ltée
- Counsel to Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in connection with its investment in Tornatech Inc.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar of Montréal
Bar admissions & education
- Quebec Bar, 2011
- J.D., University of Ottawa, 2009
- LL.L., University of Ottawa, 2008