Geoff Clarke has 20 years of experience in investment banking, financial advisory, and corporate and securities law.
Geoff represents and advises public companies, institutional investors and investment banks in securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, shareholder activism, exchange sponsorships, fairness opinions, continuous disclosure, stock exchange matters, securities litigation and securities regulatory compliance matters. He also advises special committees in decisions relating to public take-over transactions, reorganizations and searching for and prioritizing strategic alternatives. Geoff has particular industry expertise in the mining and financial services sectors.
Prior to working for Miller Thomson, Geoff practiced in the corporate finance group for large national and international law firms. He was the president of a full-service institutional investment dealer with several Canadian offices, where he provided financial and strategic advice to mining industry companies and investors regarding off-take agreements, joint-ventures, strategic partnerships and raising capital. He is also the director of a public company.
Geoff frequently writes and lectures on the topic of Corporate Finance, including at the University of Windsor.
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Mining Law, 2021
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Corporate Finance & Securities, 2018
- Special Lecturer and Lead Instructor, “Corporate Finance,” University of Windsor, Faculty of Law, 2007 – present
- Adjunct Professor, “Canadian Business Law,” York University, 2006 – 2007
- Member, Ontario District Council, Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC), 2012 – 2013
- Member, OSC Registrant Advisory Committee, 2016 – present
- Guest Lecturer, “Financial Services Compliance,” Seneca College, 2016
- Director, Ucore Rare Metals Inc. (TSXV – UCU), 2013 – present
- Canadian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2002
- LL.M. (Business Law), Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
- LL.B., Queen’s University
- MBA, McGill University
- B.Comm. (Hons), McMaster University