Anna Kosa is a member of Miller Thomson's litigation group. Anna is focused on building a broad commercial and civil litigation practice, covering contract disputes, fraud litigation, negligence claims, construction claims, and disputes over estates. Anna strives to provide practical and efficient legal solutions for her clients.
Anna has been involved in a number of speaking engagements. While in law school, Anna researched the legal implications of food insecurity in Canada’s Arctic. She presented her research at the 2017 Polar Law Symposium in Rovaniemi, Finland.
Anna was invited by her alma mater, Colgate University in New York, to be a speaker on a panel discussing the impact of learning a new language while in university. In addition, Anna interned at the United Nations Development Programme in Kathmandu, Nepal in 2015. Following her internship, Anna was invited to speak at a variety of not-for-profits and high schools on disaster response and planning following natural disasters.
During law school, Anna was President of Level (a human rights club) and participated in the university’s pro bono program.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Davies Corporate / Securities Law Moot, 3rd place nationwide
- Colgate University Italian Excellence Award, 2014
- Colgate University Dean’s List, 2012 – 2014
- Co-author, “How to hold members’ and directors’ meetings despite COVID-19: A provincial overview”, Miller Thomson Communiqués, April 7, 2020
- Co-author, “EY Report on Alberta Health Services”, Miller Thomson Communiqués, February 3, 2020
- Volunteer, Oxfam Canada, 2014-2016
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2020
- J.D., University of Calgary, 2019
- B.A. (International Relations), Colgate University