With more than 20 years of experience in Business Law, Andrew Roth has a robust corporate and commercial law practice that includes national and multinational clients in a variety of sectors including manufacturing, emerging markets, financial sector, and land development including, office, retail, multi-residential, and industrial property sectors.
Andrew advises on matters related to corporate governance, complex reorganizations, business restructuring, mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies, financing, venture capital, and major commercial agreements.
Andrew's business experience allows him to craft innovative solutions to the challenges faced by his clients. Andrew is committed to providing sound advice to both corporate and individual clients that is rooted in quality, service, and value.
Andrew provides practical advice in a number of areas:
Business law: Andrew works with businesses and business owners to ensure that they have the necessary legal knowledge and tools to make effective decisions.
Financial services: Andrew works on behalf of business clients and many of the major banks on loan and financing negotiations and transactions.
Real property: Andrew represents buyers and sellers in various transactions involving real property including buy/sell, financing, and leasing transactions.
Andrew has served as a board member on a number of not-for-profit organizations and is a house league hockey coach in Waterloo.
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Real Estate Law, 2015-2022; Banking and Finance Law, 2021-2022
- Past Director, Tri-County Mennonite Homes
- Past Director, Shalom Counselling Services
- Corporate Secretary, Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest
- Director, Conrad Grebel University College (pending approval)
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Waterloo County Law Association
- Member, Greater KW Chamber of Commerce
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2004
- LL.B., Western University, 2003
- B.A. (honours), University of Waterloo, 1994