Andrew Etcovitch practises in the areas of corporate tax, particularly in domestic and cross-border corporate financing, corporate reorganizations, and mergers and acquisitions. He is the National Lead of the Corporate Tax Group at Miller Thomson.
Andrew also has broad experience in designing tax-efficient ownership structures for owner-managed businesses. Within the scope of his practice, Andrew has represented clients in regard to Revenu Québec and Canada Revenue Agency tax audits.
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Tax Law, 2019
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Estate & Personal Tax Planning, 2018
- Reorganization of a substantial real estate portfolio to improve tax efficiency and flow of funds
- Advice on the acquisition of an integrated business by a multinational corporation in the energy industry
- Transfer of a Business : How to Prepare for the Inevitable, Miller Thomson’s Business Law Conference, October 25, 2016
- Canadian Tax Foundation
Bar admissions & education
- Québec Bar, 1983
- B.C.L. and LL.B., McGill University, 1982
- B.A., McGill University, 1978