COVID-19 has affected all businesses in some way: whether your business was able to continue operations over the past 10 weeks, required to shut down, or somewhere in between, every business has had to adjust and react. Miller Thomson’s Labour & Employment team has been helping employers from across the country respond to emergency orders and related effects on their businesses, including helping them navigate new government regulations and support programs. As BC and Canada loosen restrictions and implement a phased startup of the economy, employers now need to adapt to the ‘new normal’.
Miller Thomson’s Vancouver Labour and Employment Group would like to share our experience and knowledge as you develop plans and strategies for the days, weeks and months ahead. In this 4 part webinar series – to be broadcast between June and September 2020 – we will focus on the key issues your business will face in the post-pandemic workplace. Our webinar will provide practical approaches for:
- Addressing occupational health and safety concerns
- Returning employee accommodation requirements
- Work refusals and how to handle them
- Adapting employee management practices and policies
- Workforce reductions and termination guidance
Please join us for one or all of the webinars in this series; the first one will be at 10:00 a.m. (PST) on June 10, 2020.
- Ontario: This program is eligible for up to 1.0 Substantive Hour.
- Saskatchewan: 1.0 CPD Hour.
- Alberta: Consider adding this program to your annual CPD Plan.
- British Columbia: 1.0 CPD Hour.
June 10, 2020