Miller Thomson’s lawyers in our real estate leasing practice offers clients a broad range of expertise on matters involving retail, office and industrial leasing across Canada. Our lawyers have the in-depth legal and industry knowledge to assist decision-makers with their legal needs.
We represent both landlords and tenants as well as developers, managers, banks and trust companies — be they leasing, managing, developing, borrowing or lending.
- Retail, office and industrial leases
- Ground leases
- Hotel rental pool leases
- Real estate brokerage
- Cost allocation and lease auditing for CAMs and taxes
- Environmental issues
For our landlord and tenant clients, we provide services to:
- Represent landlords and tenants in negotiations of offers, letters of intent, leases, brokerage and listing agreements, subleases, non-disturbance agreements, renewals, extensions and terminations
- Assist with acquisitions and dispositions
- Assist landlords and tenants in cost allocation matters and auditing common area and maintenance costs and taxes
- Represent landlords or tenants in disputes and exercising their remedies
- Represent receivers and lenders in exercising their rights