( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Elizabeth K. Ackman practices in the fields of insurance and commercial litigation with an emphasis on insurance coverage opinions, coverage disputes, and professional indemnity defence.
She is often involved in defence of architects and engineers on complex projects, retained by insurers in the Lloyds market. She provides advice to excess insurers on large claims including but not limited to project policy matters.
She has appeared before the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Elizabeth acts for a variety of corporate entities on commercial litigation matters including municipal and class action defence.
Elizabeth is committed to providing efficient and assertive representation for her clients. She takes a practical problem-solving approach to resolving her clients’ concerns in a pragmatic and results-oriented manner.
Called to the bar in Ontario in 1988, Elizabeth has been with Miller Thomson since 1996.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Ontario Bar Admission Course: Law Society Prize, 1988
- William Belmont Common Q.C. Prize, 1988
- Dalhousie Law School Admiralty Law Prize and Fisheries Law Prize, 1984 - 1985
- Dalhousie Law School Class of 1985 Prize, 1983 - 1984
- Southcott Estate Inc. v. Toronto Catholic District School Board,  O.J. No. 1772 (appeal by the school board from judgment in favour of Southcott in its action to recover damages for the board’s breach of a real estate contract)
- Innovative Marketing Inc. v. D’Souza, 2008 CarswellOnt 4618 (motion for an order varying an earlier order to permit access to assets frozen by a Mareva Order to pay both past and ongoing defence costs in respect of the action)
- Law Society of Upper Canada v. Toronto Dominion Bank, 1998 CarswellOnt 4757 (appeal by bank from judgment declaring that lowest intermediate balance rule was not applicable to distribute funds in mixed trust account of lawyer found to be guilty of misappropriation of funds)
- "The Perils of Joint and Several Liability," Taxes & Wealth Management, Issue 7-1, February 2014.
- Unsigned Naming Agreement Held Binding, Charities and Not-for-Profit Newsletter, July 2004
- Law Society of Ontario
- The Advocates’ Society
Formation et admission au barreau
Notice: Undefined property: WP_Error::$name in /home/miller/public_html/wp-content/themes/arcs2021-refresh/single-your-team.php on line 361
- Ontario, 1988
- , 1986
- LL.B., Dalhousie University, 1985
- B.A., Dalhousie University, 1982