( Disponible en anglais seulement )
The Budget confirms the Federal Government’s intention to proceed with the following previously announced tax and related measures, as modified to take into account consultations and deliberations since their announcement or release:
- Legislative proposals released on July 12, 2013, providing new rules to ensure an appropriate income inclusion for stub-year foreign accrual property income on dispositions of foreign affiliate shares.
- Legislative amendments proposed in Economic Action Plan 2014 to ensure that the Office of the Chief Actuary can efficiently and effectively deliver its services to key clients.
- Measures announced in Economic Action Plan 2014 relating to the Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax joint venture election.
- A proposed change announced on December 23, 2014 to the limit on the deduction of tax-exempt allowances paid by employers to employees that use their personal vehicle for business purposes.
- Regulatory proposals released on February 19, 2015, establishing a capital cost allowance rate of 30 per cent for equipment used in natural gas liquefaction and 10 per cent for buildings at a facility that liquefies natural gas.
- Measures announced on March 1, 2015 to support Canadian mining:
- Extending the 15% Mineral Exploration Tax Credit for investors in flow-through shares for an additional year, until March 31, 2016; and
- Ensuring that the costs associated with undertaking environmental studies and community consultations that are required in order to obtain an exploration permit will be eligible for treatment as Canadian Exploration Expenses.
- Measures to make the new Family Caregiver Relief Benefit and Critical Injury Benefit, announced on March 17, 2015 and March 30, 2015, non-taxable to Veterans.
The Budget also reaffirms the Federal Government’s commitment to move forward as required with technical amendments to improve the certainty of the tax system.