( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Wura Dasylva has an active practice in corporate and commercial law. Wura’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, corporate finance, bankruptcy and insolvency.
Wura joined the Regina office of Miller Thomson in 2017 as an articling student and was called to the Saskatchewan Bar in 2018. Prior to joining the firm, she obtained a Master of Laws degree from the University of Manitoba in 2017, where she wrote a thesis on ADR use in mergers and acquisitions. Her thesis exposed her to the complex world of commercial transactions and how contracts may be drafted to meet the specific needs of clients and to avoid disputes.
Wura obtained her law degree from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria in 2013 and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2014. Following her call to the Nigerian Bar, Wura practiced as a corporate/commercial lawyer in a national law firm in Nigeria.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Manitoba Graduate Scholarship
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship
- International Graduate Students Entrance Scholarship
- David T. Sgayias Graduate Fellowship
- Board of Directors, YWCA Regina, 2019 – Present
- Board of Directors, Regina & District Chamber of Commerce, 2021 – Present
- Board of Directors, Eden Care Communities Foundation, 2019 – 2021
- Member, Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Saskatchewan Bar, 2018
- Nigerian Bar, 2014
- Master of Laws, University of Manitoba, 2017
- Certificate of Qualification, National Committee on Accreditation – Federation of Law Societies of Canada, 2017
- Licentiate Degree in Law, Nigerian Law School, Lagos Nigeria, 2014
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B. Hons.), University of Ibadan, Nigeria, 2013