( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Steven Evans practises commercial litigation, environmental law, and insurance law. He advises clients on a wide range of matters and assists them in achieving successful resolutions of their disputes.
Steven obtained his Juris Doctorate from the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University. While at law school, Steven volunteered with Pro Bono Students Canada and was active in the Student Animal Law Association and Weldon Arts and Culture Society. In 2013, he was awarded the John V. O’Dea Prize and co-authored a paper on climate change adaptation that was published by the journal Climate Law. In his third year, he attended the National University of Singapore on an international exchange and co-authored a report for East Coast Environmental Law on Nova Scotia’s failure to protect species-at-risk.
Prior to law school, Steven studied marketing at the University of British Columbia and journalism at Langara College. He worked for a number of years in marketing and advertising, most recently as an advertising copywriter with multiple international clients.
- Panelist, CBABC Environmental Law Subsection – 2019 Year-in-Review
- Panelist, CBABC Environmental Law Subsection – A Review of Recent Changes to Provincial and Federal Environmental Laws (August 6, 2020)
- Co-author, « Protection for suppliers, » Miller Thomson Financial Services & Restructuring Communiqué (June 5, 2020)
- Co-author, “The Role of the UNFCCC Regime in Ensuring Effective Adaptation in Developing Countries: Lessons from Bangladesh,” (2014) 4 Climate Law 327.
- Co-author, “Protected on Paper Only: Evaluation of Nova Scotia’s legal obligations to protect and recover mainland moose and other species at risk,” (2015) East Coast Environmental Law
- Director, Green Teams of Canada, 2020-present
- Secretary, Canadian Bar Association, Environmental Law Section (BC Branch), 2018-present
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia
Formation et admission au barreau
- British Columbia Bar, 2015
- J.D., Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, 2014
- Journalism Certificate, Langara College, 2009
- B.Comm. (marketing), University of British Columbia, 2002