( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Robert Gray practises commercial real estate law with a focus primarily on residential, commercial and industrial land development. He has over 35 years’ experience acting as counsel to developers in the Greater Toronto Area and southern Ontario on a broad range of matters that has included the registration of Plans of Subdivision and Condominium Plans, completion of servicing and construction financing, and the sale and lease of a multitude of newly-built homes and condominiums, industrial lots and commercial and industrial buildings.
In addition to providing his clients with pragmatic advice concerning land development, acquisitions, dispositions, real property financing, ownership structures, and commercial leasing. Robert has expertise in many areas of business law, including franchising, asset and share purchases and sales, corporate restructuring, secured financings, shareholder and joint venture agreements, and mortgage remedies. He served as a steering committee member in the establishment of a new Credit Union in Ontario and continues to act as its corporate secretary and legal counsel as it has grown in asset size and branch locations to become a major success story in the credit union sector.
Robert brings an entrepreneurial spirit to Miller Thomson, having owned and managed his own law firm for the majority of his career. His depth of legal knowledge, wide range of experience and practical approach to problem solving make him a valuable addition to Miller Thomson’s Real Estate Group and the services that it provides to the firm’s clients.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Real Estate Law, 2021-2022
- Represented developers on land assemblies, condominium conversions, land exchange agreements and cost sharing agreements
- Advised and represented vendors and purchasers in a wide range of land agreements
- Advised and represented developers on multi-phased, mixed-use freehold/condominium projects in the Cities of Vaughan, Markham and Brampton
- Board Member, IC Savings Charitable Foundation
- Board Member, Cor Unum for Africa Foundation
- Committee Member, A Community-based non-profit organization focused on the enhancement of services for eating-disorder victims
- Counsel and Corporate Secretary for IC Savings and Credit Union
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1981
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, York university, 1979