( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Tony Van Klink practices insolvency and restructuring law and related commercial litigation, focusing on receiverships, bankruptcies, enforcement of security agreements, commercial debt recovery, and CCAA proceedings.
Tony represents financial institutions, CCAA monitors, receivers, bankruptcy trustees, and other stakeholders in insolvency matters. He appears regularly before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, including appearances related to Commercial List matters. Tony also handles commercial litigation including contractual disputes and construction liens.
Tony has over 25 years of experience in all aspects of security enforcement on behalf of secured lenders over all types of real and personal property collateral, including enforcement by way of private and court appointed receiverships, court proceedings for possession and private seizure, and sale of collateral.
Tony has acted for secured lenders in the enforcement of their security, and for borrowers in the restructuring of their credit facilities in all types of businesses and industries including:
- agricultural (farmers, greenhouse growers, farm equipment and farm supply dealers, grain elevators)
- automotive (tier one and tier two parts suppliers, automobile dealerships, motor vehicle leasing companies)
- trucking, transportation and logistics
- real estate development
- dental and medical professionals
- retail stores including clothing, hardware, furniture, and groceries
- food processing (including abattoirs, meat processing facilities, and a cheese production facility)
- fast food franchises
- commercial printing
- insurance brokers
- technology and software companies
- golf courses
Tony was named to the 2014 and 2015 editions of The Best Lawyers in Canada for Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law and Corporate Law and was recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” for Corporate Law in 2015.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2019 Corporate Law « Lawyer of the Year » in London/Windsor
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2015 Corporate Law « Lawyer of the Year », London
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate Law; Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law, 2014-2019
- Past Editor, University of Western Ontario Law Review, 1985-1986
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association (Insolvency Section)
- Member, Middlesex Law Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1988
- LL.B., University of Western Ontario
- Recipient, Arthur T. Little Gold Medal for the highest academic standing in his LL.B. graduating class
De nombreux avocats de Miller Thomson se démarquent dans le répertoire Best Lawyers in Canada 2019
Nous sommes heureux d’annoncer que 144 avocats de Miller Thomson ont été reconnus pour leur expertise dans 47 domaines du droit dans l’édition de 2019 de Best Lawyers in Canada. De plus, six avocats ont été nommés avocats de l’année...
Plusieurs avocats de Miller Thomson figurent dans le répertoire The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017
Nous sommes heureux d’annoncer que 126 avocats de Miller Thomson pratiquant dans plusieurs domaines du droit ont été reconnus pour leur expertise dans l’édition de 2017 The Best Lawyers® in Canada. Cela représente une hausse par rapport au résultat de 122...
( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Miller Thomson recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers in Canada
We are pleased to announce that 80 Miller Thomson lawyers have been recognized in the 2014 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada (this is 15 more lawyers than last year). Seventeen lawyers are new to the list. Additionally, the following lawyers from...