( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Susy maintains a bankruptcy and insolvency practice with a focus on litigation, transactional work related to commercial real estate, as well as commercial litigation. Susy's clients include financial institutions, court appointed receivers and bankruptcy trustees, and secured and unsecured creditors in matters related to liquidations, debt enforcement, loan workouts, fraudulent preference actions, foreclosure actions, and bankruptcy and receiverships. Susy has experience in a wide range of industries including construction, farming, food services and real estate.
Susy has been a member of the Canadian Bar Association’s Creditor & Debtor Law Section since 2013, and acted as Chair from 2017-2020. Susy has also volunteered for the Pro Bono Law Alberta Civil Claims Duty Counsel Project and the Pro Bono Law Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Project. Susy was an editor for the Alberta Law Review in 2008-2010.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Susy practiced law at two international law firms.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Executive member of the Canadian Bar Association’s Creditor & Debtor Law Section – 2013 to present
- Alberta Law Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship – 2008
- Roberta E. McKown Prize in Political Science – 2007
- Alastair and Irma MacLeod Scholarship – 2005
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
Formation et admission au barreau
- Alberta Bar, 2011
- L.LB., University of Alberta, 2010
- B.A. (with Distinction), University of Alberta, 2007