( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Roland is a trusted advisor to domestic and international public and private companies, their stakeholders, directors and senior management teams, to entrepreneurs, and to underwriters. He seeks to protect and advance his clients’ interests by identifying and addressing their legal needs from the viewpoint of both a lawyer and businessperson.
His areas of legal specialization are corporate & commercial, M&A, capital markets & securities regulation, and private equity & venture capital transactions. He works closely with clients in connection with the formation of business ventures, strategic domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, and domestic and cross-border public and private financings, securities offerings and stock exchange listings. He also negotiates, drafts and helps clients implement complex commercial agreements. He has assisted clients with transactional engagements ranging from a few hundred thousand dollars in value to multiple billions of dollars in value, and works with companies at all stages of their growth cycle.
His practice and experience span multiple industries, including mining, oil & gas, power generation, technology, communications, FinTech, pharmaceutical & healthcare, financial services, agriculture, transportation and hospitality.
Roland has also held board and executive positions within various organizations, and he has co-authored articles and co-presented on the topics of business law and securities law.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Past Elected Executive Member, CBA's Business Law Subsection
- Past Elected Executive Member, CBA's Securities Law Subsection
- Elected Board Member, Royal Vancouver Yacht Club
- Elected Honorary Solicitor, Royal Vancouver Yacht Club
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Association of Corporate Growth (British Columbia Branch)
- Member, Vancouver Entrepreneurs Forum
- Member, Canadian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association
- Member, Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada
- Member, The Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law
- Member, Association for Mineral Exploration British Columbia
- Member, Canada-United Kingdom Chamber of Commerce
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario, 2018
- Colombie-Britannique, 2011
- Business Foundations Specialization Certificate, Wharton Business School at the University of Pennsylvania, 2015
- LL.M in International Business Law, UCL at the University of London, 2010
- J.D., University of Victoria, 2009
- Canadian Securities Course Certificate, Canadian Securities Institute, 2008
- B.A., University of British Columbia, 2006