( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Elizabeth Hutchison works with the firm’s knowledge management team as a practice support lawyer. In this role, Elizabeth services all practice areas but is particularly active with the financial services and other corporate commercial sectors of the firm, given her background as a financial services lawyer.
Elizabeth began her legal career at Miller Thomson and during her time with the firm she has represented banks and other commercial lenders and both corporate and individual borrowers in various domestic and cross-border secured and unsecured transactions. These have included syndicated financings, subordinated financings, the securing of leases, acquisition financings, bankruptcies and insolvencies, mortgage financings, and corporate reorganizations.
She has also represented clients in various commercial transactions including the sale of businesses, negotiating and drafting shareholder agreements, and corporate reorganizations.
Elizabeth is sensitive to the need remain accessible and effectively deliver services; she maintains regular communication with her clients to ensure that their business objectives are met in a timely and efficient fashion.
- Represented a syndicate of lenders led by The Bank of Nova Scotia in respect of senior secured financing arrangements in favour of a significant niche commodity hauler, transportation and infrastructure company in Western Canada and represented the senior secured parties in the negotiation of a highly complex intercreditor agreement with, amongst others, Computershare Trust Company of Canada as trustee on behalf of the noteholders of certain second lien guaranteed notes
- Represented a syndicate of lenders led by The Bank of Nova Scotia in respect of a CDN$80,000,000 credit facility in connection with the acquisition of a National Hockey League franchise.
- Represented a syndicate of lenders led by The Royal Bank of Scotland Plc in respect of a U.S. $1,880,000,000 acquisition financing of Port Lands.
- Represented National Bank of Canada in respect of several acquisition financings in favour of a multi-material recycling and waste disposal company.
- Represented a Canadian subsidiary of a major U.S. diversified wholesale distributor of construction and maintenance-related products in respect of its U.S. $2,100,000,000 acquisition and operating facility.
- Represented a REIT in respect of CDN$400,000,000 credit facility from a syndicate of lenders led by Bank of Montreal in respect of the acquisition and development of its industrial portfolio.
- Represented a REIT in respect of CDN$50,000,000 credit facility from a syndicate of lenders led by The Bank of Nova Scotia in respect of the acquisition and development of its retail portfolio.
- Financing the Purchase of a Privately Held Business, Advanced Corporate Business Transactions, 2006
- Preparation of "The Annotated Loan Agreement", Law Society Upper Canada (2004, 2005 and 2008), 2004
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario, 2004
- LL.B., Dalhousie University, 2003
- B.A., McGill University, 1999