( Disponible en anglais seulement )
COVID-19’s impacts are real and growing and stakeholders in Ontario’s construction industry must consider the various impacts of COVID-19. Moreover, legal rights and obligations for those in Ontario’s construction industry are evolving (and will continue to evolve) as Ontario adapts to this unprecedented situation and measures are implemented to combat the pandemic.
Join members of Miller Thomson’s Ontario Construction Group for a webinar on Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. on COVID-19’s impact on the construction industry in Ontario.
In particular, this session will provide updates and consider issues related to:
- Force majeure, delay, the inability to perform obligations and key contractual clauses in construction contracts;
- Access to litigation, court procedures, arbitration, and mediation and issues relating to:
- limitation periods/procedural deadlines in Ontario (suspensions),
- construction liens (preservation, perfection and lien action set downs), and
- holdback release; and
- Essential construction projects and suspended worksites in Ontario and issues pertaining to new health and safety requirements and work refusals.
Due to the rapidly developing nature of the situation, including rapidly-changing governmental orders concerning business closures, we will update the session’s agenda and the content of the webinar as required and appropriate to reflect the latest developments of the COVID-19 outbreak and governmental measures taken in response to the pandemic.
This program is eligible for up to 1.0 Substantive Hour of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits with the Law Society of Ontario (LSO). Note: Participants intending to claim LSO CPD credits are required to register individually and participate in the live webinar.
Dates de l’événement
23 avril 2020
Lieu de l’événement