( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Miller Thomson is proud to acknowledge the key role women play in our firm’s continued success.
It has been an exciting year of exemplary achievements by our lawyers and staff.
Browse the list below of lawyers who have received industry-leading honours, and members of our support team who have been recognized internally for their outstanding work.
- Nicole Byres appointed Queen’s Counsel.
- Gita Anand receives Practitioner of the Year award from the South Asian Bar Association of Toronto.
- Nora Osbaldeston wins Federated Press Woman in Law Leadership Award.
- Nora Osbaldeston wins a 2013 Lexpert Zenith Award.
- Rosanne Rocchi named as leading woman in business law by Expert Guides.
- Analea Wayne appointed Vice-Chair of the Canadian Bar Association’s National Awards Committee.
- Jane Shackell, QC elected Chair of the Board of Governors of Capilano University.
- Jennifer Quick appointed as a Trustee of the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) Foundation
- Lisa Walters appointed as President of the Middlesex Family Law Association.
- Nicole Byres appointed Vice-Chair of the Women’s Leadership Circle Advisory Council of the Vancouver Board of Trade.
- Emily Cole elected to the Board of Directors of The Advocates’ Society.
- Amelia Leckey wins Lexology Client Choice Awards 2013.
- Carmen Diges elected to the board of Continental Precious Minerals Inc.
- Emily Cole chosen member of Ontario Securities Commission’s special advisory committee.
- Jennifer Spencer named as a « Leading Canadian Litigation Lawyer to Watch » in Lexpert 2012 Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Litigation Lawyers in Canada.
- Karima Kanani named as a « Leading Canadian Corporate Lawyer to Watch » in Lexpert 2012 Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada.
- Analea Wayne appointed vice-chair of the Canadian Bar Association’s Award’s Committee and reappointed co-chair of the 2013-2014 Equality committee for the Canadian Bar Association (Alberta branch)
- The Honourable Alissa K. Mitchell, a lawyer with Miller Thomson LLP in London, appointed a judge of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (London)
- Robin-Lee Norris named Chair of the Board of Trustees of the University of Guelph on July 1st, 2014 and is the first woman to hold that position.
- Lisa Walters named Vice President of the board of Directors for Community Living London.
- Heather MacMillan-Brown was the president of the Saskatchewan Branch of the Canadian Bar Association from September 1, 2012 to August 31, 2013.
- Pat Forte became Office Managing Partner of Miller Thomson’s Waterloo office.
- Sandra L. Hawes became Office Managing Partner of Miller Thomson’s Edmonton office in January 2014, and also sits on the firm’s Executive Committee.
Our women lawyers have also been recognized by key legal organizations, including:
- Four women lawyers in Who’s Who Legal Canada 2013 edition
- One women lawyer in 2013 Lexpert®/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada
- 22 women lawyers in Best Lawyers
- 17 women lawyers in The 2013 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- Two women lawyers in Chambers Global
- Two women lawyers in the International Who’s Who of Private Client Lawyers
A significant number of strong women have also been successful in major client wins and litigation on all levels.
Finally, we acknowledge the tireless work of the more than 90% of women who make up the administration in our 11 offices across the country.
Specifically, the work of three has been singled out:
- Stephanie Thompson, Calgary, BD & HR Coordinator: Flood Response
- Lorisa Merlin, Toronto, Manager, HR (Legal Assistants): New Review Program
- Linda Gaudette, Edmonton, Legal Assistant/Paralegal, Excellent Client Service