( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Zeinab Yousif provides practical and proactive advice on a wide range of labour and employment matters, including labour relations, employment standards, wrongful dismissals, human rights, workplace investigations and other related matters. Zeinab represents clients before mediators, courts, and administrative tribunals and conducts workplace investigations. She also presents and provides training on workplace issues and writes regularly on labour and employment developments. Her goal is to deliver creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions to her clients.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson as an associate, Zeinab gained valuable, in-depth experience on labour issues while on secondment at the Ontario Labour Relations Board. She was called to the Ontario Bar in 2014 after articling with Miller Thomson.
Zeinab completed her law degree at the University of Calgary, where she was an active member of the university community. After completing her undergraduate degree in international relations, she volunteered and worked with a number of NGOs prior to commencing her legal studies.
- Speaker, « How to Cope: Managing Mental Health Issues in the Workplace”, Miller Thomson’s 2017 Labour Relations & Employment Law Conference, April 6, 2017
- Speaker, “Private Eyes and Private Lives,” Miller Thomson LLP 2015 Labour Relations and Employment Law Conference, November 19, 2015,)
- Author, “Election Day Reminder: Employer Obligations to Provide Time for Voting,” Labour and Employment Communiqué, October 13, 2015
- Author, “Three New Leaves of Absence are effective on October 29, 2014 under Ontario’s Employment Standards Act, 2000,” Labour and Employment Communiqué, October 22, 2014
- Author, “California Decision Finds that Uber Driver is an Employee,” Canadian Labour and Employment Blog, July 3, 2015
- Author, “Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act: Are You Compliant with the January 1, 2015 Requirements?,” Canadian Labour and Employment Blog, February 13, 2015
- Co-Author, “What happens when large employers close? A review of the mass termination rules,” Canadian Labour and Employment Blog, February 6, 2015
- Ryerson Pro Bono Legal Clinic
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Black Lawyers
- The Advocates’ Society
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2014
- J.D., Faculty of Law, University of Calgary, 2013
- Honours B.A. (international relations, economics, art), University of Toronto, 2008