( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Victoria Rodrigues is an associate with a tax law practice that focuses on personal and corporate tax planning. She advises clients on various tax matters, including domestic and cross-border tax planning and corporate reorganizations. She also assists clients with matters involving non-resident trusts with ties to Canada. Victoria represents clients in their interactions with the Canada Revenue Agency, including voluntary disclosures.
Victoria was called to the Ontario Bar in 2015 after articling with Miller Thomson. Victoria received her Juris Doctorate from Osgoode Hall Law School.
Prior to law school, Victoria obtained an Honours Bachelor of Arts from the University of Western Ontario, graduating first in her class. At Osgoode, Victoria was actively involved in the law school community. She volunteered with the Community and Legal Aid Services Programme as a caseworker, where she provided summary advice and conducted research on a variety of issues. She also volunteered with the Law in Action Within Schools Program, where she held law workshops for high school students. Victoria also worked as a senior editor for the Osgoode Hall Review of Law and Policy and was Co-President of the Portuguese Law Students Association.
- Author, “Proposed Changes to the Canada Revenue Agency’s Voluntary Disclosures Program” (October 2017) Wealth Matters
- Co-author, “Canada and Treaty Shopping – From then to Now” (2017) 87:13 Tax Notes International
- Contributor, Business Laws of Canada, (Thomson West, 2017)
- Contributor, Financial & Estate Planning for the Mature Client in Ontario, (Butterworths, December 2013)
- Author, “Case Comment – Tax Return Preparer Fraud: R v. Kaba”, (2016) 9:2 Taxes and Wealth Management
- Co-author, “CRA TFSA Audit Project: Who Gets Audited and Why?”, (2015) 8:2 Taxes and Wealth Management
- Assistant Editor, Transfer Pricing and Tax Avoidance, first edition, jurisdictional comparisons, The European Lawyer Reference Series (London, U.K.: Sweet & Maxwell, September, 2014)
- Assistant Editor, Tax Litigation, The European Lawyer Reference Series (London, U.K.: Sweet & Maxwell, October, 2013)
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Portuguese Canadian Lawyers Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2015
- J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 2014
- Honours B.A., (Gold Medalist), University of Western Ontario, 2011