( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Teri Treiber provides advice and representation to employers in all areas of labour and employment law.
She assists employers with a variety of issues, including employment agreements, collective agreements, workplace policies, human rights, employment standards, privacy, workplace investigations, performance management, employee discipline, terminations, wrongful and constructive dismissal, grievances and arbitrations, and restrictive covenants.
Teri also practices in the areas of health law and administrative law.
- Speaker, “Navigating COVID-19: Your Employment Questions Answered,” Miller Thomson Labour & Employment Webinar, May 7, 2020
- Co-author, “A streamlined approach to emergency benefits for workers in the wake of COVID-19,” Labour and Employment Communiqué, March 27, 2020
- Co-author, “A word of caution for employers: human rights in the hiring process,” Labour and Employment Communiqué, December 10, 2019
- Author, “Changes to Employment Laws in Alberta: The Passage of Bill 2 and New Regulations,” Labour and Employment Communiqué, July 22, 2019
- Co-author, “Suncor Saga Update: Suncor’s Random Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy will be Sent Back to Arbitration,” Labour and Employment Communiqué, June 21, 2018
- Speaker, “What All Employers Need to Know,” Miller Thomson Occupational Health and Safety seminar, May 17, 2018.
- Co-author, “Alberta Court of Appeal Upholds Interim Ban on Random Drug and Alcohol Testing by Suncor,” Labour and Employment Communiqué, March 23, 2018
- Co-author, “Checking In After a Few Months of Living with the Alberta Employment Standards Code Changes,” Labour and Employment Communiqué, March 13, 2018
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel Project
- Volunteer, Queen’s Bench Court Assistance Program
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
Formation et admission au barreau
- Alberta Bar, 2016
- J.D. (with distinction), University of Alberta, 2015
- Certificate in Adjudication for Administrative Agencies, Boards & Tribunals, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2015