( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Tari is a civil litigation lawyer who provides practical, thoughtful advice to clients in a wide variety of industries.
Tari’s practice focuses on occupational health and safety, privacy and access to information, the regulation of health professionals, health law and administrative law. Tari has appeared at all levels of court in Alberta. She has also represented clients before the Alberta Workers Compensation Board, Alberta’s Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
In her occupational health and safety practice, Tari advises clients on compliance with occupational health and safety laws, both at the provincial and federal level, as well as manufacturer and vendors’ compliance with Alberta’s Safety Codes Act and Regulations. Tari assists clients with workplace incident management and investigation, reporting obligations, the defence of regulatory charges, and WCB matters. Tari has developed and delivered customized training modules to clients in the area of occupational health and safety, uniquely tailored for her clients’ specific needs.
Tari is experienced in administrative law. She has represented clients on judicial review applications, including decisions made by the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner, decisions made by post-secondary institutions, and appeals as of right to the Alberta Court of Appeal under the Criminal Code for those who have been found not criminally responsible for their actions.
Tari spent nearly a decade with another national law firm, advising regulated professionals who faced complaints from the public, disciplinary proceedings, criminal charges, and claims of medical malpractice.
- Speaker, “Navigating COVID-19: Your Employment Questions Answered,” Miller Thomson Labour & Employment Webinar, May 7, 2020
- Speaker, “Occupational Health and Safety Law: Issues in Pandemic Times, ” Miller Thomson Webinar, April 9, 2020
- Speaker, “Amendments to Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety Act,” Construction presentation, June 25, 2019
- Speaker, “Amendments to Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety Act,” Canadian Bar Association’s Lunch and Learn, May 27, 2019
- Speaker, “Occupational Health and Safety Law in Alberta and Common Mistakes made by Companies in the Course of OHS investigations,” Miller Thomson Labour and Employment Night, February 13, 2019
- Guest speaker on CFWE Radio’s program, “Ask The Lawyer”. Discussed the Criminal Code’s regime for individuals who have been found not criminally responsible for their actions, January 26, 2019
- Author, ““Owners” of Forestry Licenses in British Columbia can receive Administrative Penalties, even if the Owner is not the Injured Worker’s Employer,” Labour and Employment Communiqué, May 29, 2018
Tari volunteers as president of a non-profit society that fundraises to support a local elementary school in Edmonton and has previously served as a board member to a theatre advisory board for a small city in Alberta.
Formation et admission au barreau
- Alberta Bar, 2008
- Law Society of Upper Canada, 2007
- University of Alberta, BA (Hons.), 2001
- McGill University, LLB, 2006, with distinction
- McGill University, BCL, 2006, with distinction