( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Stephanie has an active and diverse practice in insolvency and restructuring and insolvency litigation. She acts as counsel to creditors, debtors, and court-appointed officers in various insolvency and commercial proceedings before the Court, including proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act, Business Corporations Act and Courts of Justice Act. Stephanie has experience working with clients in a variety of industries, including securities, mining, manufacturing, steel, technology, hotel and hospitality, not-for-profit, and real estate and condominium development.
Stephanie is the Director of Website and Communications of the Ontario Network of the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC). She is also a Member of the Executive of the Ontario Bar Association Insolvency Section.
- Co-author, “Governing the Ungovernable: Cryptocurrencies in Insolvency Proceedings”, Annual Review of Insolvency Law, 2019 Thomson Reuters Canada Limited, page 363
- Requesting a Sealing Order from the Court – Practice Note, Lexis Practice Advisor Canada, Craig Mills & Stephanie De Caria, Fall 2017
- The Commercial List – Practice Note, Lexis Practice Advisor Canada, Craig Mills & Stephanie De Caria, Fall 2017
- Lawyers Feed the Hungry, The Law Society Foundation
- Member of the Executive, Ontario Bar Association – Insolvency Section
- Director of Website and Communications, Ontario Network of the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Turnaround Management Association
- The Advocates’ Society
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2015
- J.D., University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, 2014 (Cum Laude & Dean’s Honour List)
- B.A. Hons., York University, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, 2011 (Cum Laude & Dean’s Honour Roll)