( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Sharon MacMillan practices commercial real estate law, advising clients on all aspects of real estate transactions including financing, acquisitions, dispositions, subdivision and development, as well as environmental, strata property and commercial lease matters. Her clients include landlords, tenants, lending institutions, developers and strata corporations.
Real estate development: Sharon advises developers on all aspects of the development process, including acquisitions, approvals and zoning, project financing, subdivision and marketing.
Leasing: Sharon acts for commercial landlords and tenants in negotiating leases and dealing with leasing disputes.
Financing: Sharon acts for both institutional and private lenders and has specific expertise in loans to strata corporations.
Strata property: Sharon has expertise in strata property matters, and regularly advises strata corporations and owners on matters ranging from strata governance to disputes to redevelopment of strata projects.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Acritas Stars global survey of stand-out lawyers, 2018
- Co-editor, Miller Thomson Real Estate Report newsletter
- “Bill 8 – The Strata Property Amendment Act (BC), 2009: An Update,” Miller Thomson Client Alert, 2010.
- “Bill 8 – The Strata Property Amendment Act (BC), 2009,” Miller Thomson Client Alert, 2009.
- Contributing Author, Business Laws of Canada, Chapter 18: Real Estate, Thomson Reuters Westlaw
- Contributing Author, British Columbia Probate & Estate Administration Practice Manual, Chapter 10: Transmission and Transfer of Assets, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia
- Co-Chair, Canadian Bar Association, Real Property (Vancouver) section, 2011-2013
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Urban Development Institute
- Association of Women in Finance
Formation et admission au barreau
- British Columbia Bar, 2006
- LL.B., University of British Columbia, 2004
- B.A. (psychology), University of British Columbia, 1999