( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Peter McArthur provides sound advice to stock exchange-listed companies (listed the on TSX and TSX-V as well as inter-listed companies), investment brokerage firms, exempt market dealers and private corporations on all aspects of securities and business law. Peter has a particular focus on financings, mergers and acquisitions, compliance issues, securities procedures and processes and general corporate commercial matters. He works with clients in the finance, technology, transportation, hospitality and natural resource sectors.
Peter provides pragmatic advice and counsel in the following areas:
Public companies: representing both TSX and TSX-V listed companies regarding all aspects of stock exchange and securities-related matters and compliance as well as their corporate and commercial needs including mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
Securities registrants: representing brokerage firms and exempt market dealers in many types of financings and advisory activities including due-diligence reviews and sponsorships.
Private companies: acting for private companies in their day-to-day affairs, including their corporate and commercial endeavours and mergers and acquisitions.
Over a period of nine years during his studies, Peter worked in various financial and administrative capacities for a national chartered bank.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Securities Law, 2014-2020; Mergers & Acquisitions Law 2016-2020
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Corporate Finance & Securities, 2014-2020; Mining 2020
- Canadian Bar Association, Business Law and Securities Law sections, BC branch
Formation et admission au barreau
- British Columbia Bar, 1984
- LL.B., McGill University, 1983
- B.C.L., McGill University, 1982
- B.Comm., Concordia University, 1979