( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Patrick Harnett practises in the areas of restructuring and corporate/commercial litigation. His practice focuses on insolvency law, corporate restructuring, shareholder disputes and post-judgment enforcement matters.
Patrick has experience in a range of insolvency, banking, and commercial litigation matters, and has acted on behalf of borrowers and creditors in proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA). He also acts on behalf of shareholders, directors and officers in corporate disputes, including shareholder oppression and directors’ and officers’ liability matters.
Patrick advises clients on judgment enforcement against assets in Alberta and across Canada to maximize clients’ financial recovery. He also assists clients in assessing recovery, investigating asset-sheltering schemes and court challenges of complex forms of creditor proofing.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Patrick articled and practiced with an international law firm.
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel, Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Court Assistance (Amicus) Program, Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
Formation et admission au barreau
- Alberta Bar, 2014
- BSc. (Hons.), University of Waterloo, 2006
- MBA (Finance), Wilfrid Laurier University, 2009
- JD, University of Alberta, 2013