( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Nicholas (Nick) Willis is an active member of Miller Thomson’s Commercial and Construction Litigation groups. He maintains a general civil and commercial litigation practice, involving contractual, commercial, construction and employment disputes. During his time as an articling student, Nick developed his skills in drafting pleadings, complex legal opinions, court applications, briefs and facta.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Nick clerked at the Alberta Court of Appeal under the Honourable Mr. Justice Thomas Wakeling from June 2016 to March 2017.
Nick graduated from the University of Alberta Faculty of Law in 2016. During law school, he was recognized on the Dean’s List, participated in the Alberta Court of Appeal moot, volunteered with Student Legal Services in both the Civil and Criminal programs, and acted as a research assistant to Professor Gail Henderson.
Prior to law school, Nick worked and lived in Dublin, Ireland for approximately one year. Nick has worked in the construction industry for several years, for a general contractor specializing in residential renovations and custom home building.
Nick volunteers for the Provincial Court Civil Claims Duty Counsel Program and the Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Program.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Faculty of Law Undergraduate Scholarship, 2014/2015
- Co-authored Construction & Engineering Law 2018 on the International Comparitive Legal Guides website, 2018
- Volunteer with the Civil Claims Duty Counsel, 2017-Present
- Volunteer with the Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Program, 2017-Present
- Volunteer with Student Legal Services Civil and Criminal Divisions, 2014 & 2016
- Volunteer with CJSR Campus Community Radio, 2009-2010
- Law Society of Alberta
Formation et admission au barreau
- Alberta, 2017
- J.D., University of Alberta, 2016
- B.A. with Distinction (Political Science with International Studies Minor), University of Alberta, 2011