( Disponible en anglais seulement )
The legal issues surrounding operating a business can present significant operational, financial and reputational risks for any business. Myron protects his clients’ business interests by first understanding their operations and strategic objectives and then identifying and mitigating risks associated with operating an existing business or starting a new venture. His academic background (M.B.A. in Entrepreneurship) along with years of practical legal and business experience allows him to provide responsive, customized and creative advice that aligns with his clients’ goals. He simplifies complex legal challenges into clear value for clients, and ensures they are set up for competitive success.
He advises clients on complex technology matters relating to IT procurement (traditional and agile methodologies), payments, licensing and commercialization, app development, cyber security and the protection of intellectual property rights. He also advises on legal issues relating to fintech, blockchain technology and smart contracts and artificial intelligence.
For startups and emerging technology companies, Myron advises on business formations, financings, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions.
Myron has co-authored chapters for two books written by global leading experts titled « Law of Artificial Intelligence and Smart Machines: Understanding A.I. and the Legal Impact » and « Cloud 3.0. »
He has spoken at various conferences and seminars on the impact of cutting edge technologies on the law. Myron has strong understanding of fintech and recently completed the University of Oxford Fintech Programme which focused on emerging technologically enabled innovation in financial services.
Myron provides mentorship and guidance to this community through several accelerators and business incubator programs.
- Co-chair, Blockchain & Artificial Intelligence Meet Privacy Law: An Interactive Conversation on Strategizing for Clients, Ontario Bar Association, September 17, 2019.
- Mentor, Dev Sprint Toronto, World Legal Summit, September 6 – 8, 2019.
- Co-author, Business Law Today: Canadian Senate Report Urges Action on Open Banking, August 13, 2019.
- Co-author, Chapter entitled “Artificial Intelligence in Canada” Law of Artificial Intelligence and Smart Machines: Understanding A.I. and the Legal Impact. Chicago: American Bar Association, August 1, 2019.
- Panelist, Autonomous Machines, World Legal Summit, August 1, 2019.
- Moderator, Cyber Security and Personal Data, World Legal Summit, August 1, 2019.
- Co-author, Chapter entitled “Cloud Computing in Canada” Cloud 3.0. Chicago: American Bar Association, April 2, 2019.
- Speaker, Privacy and Policy: Protecting Your Business – Practical Guidance for Technology Companies, Ryerson’s Legal Innovation Zone, February 25, 2019.
- Speaker, Cybersecurity and the Boardroom – Responsibilities of Directors, Officers and Counsel, Cybersecurity Webinar Series, January 22, 2019.
- Speaker, Privacy and Security Risks in Blockchain, Cybersecurity Seminar, November 14, 2018.
- Speaker, Cybersecurity and the Boardroom – Responsibilities of Directors, Officers and Counsel, Cybersecurity Seminar, November 14, 2018.
- Panelist, Impacts of Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence on Governments and Society, Blockchain Innovation Communities Beyond Crypto Conference, April 7, 2018.
- Speaker, Due Diligence in Purchase Agreements, The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario’s Advanced Corporate Law Program, October 12, 2016.
- Speaker, Protecting IP and Contracting for Producers, Rain Dance Toronto, June 15, 2016.
- Board Director, Kindred Spirits Orchestra
- Mentor, Planet Hatch – an incubator for technology startups
- Mentor, Propel ICT – an incubator for IT startups
- Mentor, Menteer – a career skills incubator
- Mentor, Ryerson’s Legal Innovation Zone – an incubator for legal technology startups
- Past Mentor, Ryerson’s Biomedical Zone – an incubator for early-stage health technology companies
- Past Director, Youth Centres Canada
- Past Section Executive – Ontario Bar Association – Information Technology & Intellectual Property Law Section
- Canadian Technology Law Association
- Toronto Computer Lawyers’ Group
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2015
- Oxford Fintech Programme, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, 2019
- J.D., University of New Brunswick, 2014
- M.B.A. (Entrepreneurship), University of New Brunswick, 2011
- B.B.A. (Hons.), University of New Brunswick, 2007