( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Michael Pucylo is dedicated to helping people who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents. Michael has been successful in resolving motor vehicle accident claims in Alberta, paying particular attention to gathering the necessary medical opinions and employment information to properly quantify his clients’ claims. Using his background in Commerce, Michael can quantify damages for his clients in personal injury cases including self-employed clients. Michael’s 25 years of experience in personal injury enable him to successfully resolve his clients' claims.
Michael has been a presenter for the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers’ Association (ACTLA) and the Legal Education Society of Alberta (LESA). Michael has been a Toastmaster for 25 years and uses his speaking skills to advocate for his clients and present to various organizations.
Michael is a volunteer for the Edmonton Community Legal Centre, which provides pro bono legal services to those who cannot afford access to legal services. He is also a member of the Miller Thomson Pro Bono Committee.
Michael is an active member of the Canadian Bar Association, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers’ Association and St. Thomas More Lawyers’ Guild.
Faith forms an important part of Michael’s life. He is a Permanent Deacon in the Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton, ordained in 2016.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Personal Injury Litigation, 2021
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Personal Injury, 2019
- Speaker, “Common Pitfalls in Personal Injury”, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Associations Webinar: “Fighting the Good Fight”, June 8, 2020.
- Speaker, “Litigation Plans,” Legal Education Society of Alberta, 2012
- Speaker, “Managing Litigation,” Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association, 2010
- Speaker, “Putting the Pieces Together: Advancing a Soft Tissue Claim,” Legal Education Society of Alberta, 2001
- Permanent Deacon, St. Agnes and St. Anthony Roman Catholic Parish
- Toastmasters International
- Former President, Central Area Council of Community Leagues
- Volunteer Lawyer, Edmonton Community Legal Centre
- Former President, Parkallen Community League
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Edmonton Bar Association
- Member, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Member, Toastmaster International
Formation et admission au barreau
- Alberta Bar, 1993
- Permanent Deacon, Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton, 2016
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 1992
- B.A. (political science), University of Alberta, 1991
- B.Comm., University of Alberta, 1988