( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Michael Pace is a business lawyer with decades of experience in corporate and commercial law matters. His practice has an emphasis on merger and acquisition transactions. Michael acts for corporations (both public and private) and a number of substantial not-for-profit corporations, charities, and hospitals, including several Ontario self-regulatory organizations.
Michael’s experience and knowledge in a wide range of areas of business law are key assets to his clients. He provides them with timely input on day-to-day business decisions as well as on time-sensitive negotiations during major transactions. Michael understands the adversities encountered by business clients and has practical knowledge to help him anticipate and prevent some of these situations. This, and ensuring that clients receive cost-effective counsel on all matters, has helped him to earn and maintain longstanding relationships with his clients.
Michael represents corporations in a diverse range of industries including insurance, construction materials, electricity, manufacturing, health, software, and several service sectors. Michael has extensive experience in providing business clients with advice on a number of areas including:
Mergers and acquisitions
Joint ventures and partnerships
Advice to boards of directors and special committees
Insurance contracts and regulatory
- Michael presented a paper dealing with Regulating Managing General Agents in Canada and Risk Management at the Lloyd’s Underwriters National Meeting for Managing General Insurance Agents in Toronto on April 14, 2016.
- Michael presented a paper dealing with captive insurance companies at a conference sponsored by Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation for various public hospitals in Toronto on June 23, 2015.
- Michael Pace is a member of the Board of Directors of a number of client corporations including Steris Canada Inc., Isomedix Corporation, Steris Canada Corporation, and Blistex Corporation.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1978
- LL.B., University of Ottawa, 1976
- B.A. (honours), University of Toronto, 1973