( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Matthew maintains a broad civil litigation practice, representing a diversity of clients across a wide range of industries. In addition to aiding his clients in navigating their commercial disputes, Matthew continues to expand upon his litigation-related experience, including injunction proceedings, examinations for discovery, motions, settlement conferences, mediations, arbitrations, trials, and appeals. Matthew works efficiently to find practical, business-oriented, and cost-effective solutions to assist his clients in meeting their goals.
Matthew joined Miller Thomson as a summer student in 2017. After completing his articles, he joined Miller Thomson as an associate in 2019.
Before joining the firm, Matthew worked as an Educator with Law in Action Within Schools at the University of Toronto Faculty of Law. Prior to attending law school, Matthew worked at an insurance defence firm in Hamilton, Ontario.
Matthew was active in the law school community, serving as Co-Chair of the Law & Politics Club, and as an Associate Editor for two academic journals. Matthew provided peer-mentorship through two programs during his legal education, and remains passionate about mentorship. At Miller Thomson, Matthew continues to support the Ryerson University Pro Bono Clinic.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Mentor with the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Peer Mentorship Program (PMP) and the University of Toronto Pre-Law Society (UTPLS) Mentorship Program, 2017 – 2018
- Co-Chair of the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Law & Politics Club (LPC), 2016 – 2017
- Associate Editor at the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review (UTFLR), 2015 – 2017
- Associate Editor at the Journal of International Law and International Relations (JILIR), 2015 – 2017
- Ryerson University Pro Bono Clinic
- The Advocates’ Society
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2019
- Juris Doctor, University of Toronto Faculty of Law, 2018
- Honours B.A., Political Science Major, History Minor, Queen’s University, 2015