( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Mark Puszczak is an active member of Miller Thomson’s Commercial and Construction Litigation groups. He maintains a general civil and commercial litigation practice, involving contractual, commercial, construction and employment disputes, and has experience drafting pleadings, legal opinions, court applications and written submissions for a variety of forums.
Mark obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta in 2019, graduating with distinction. During his time at the Faculty of Law, Mark received the Dean Duckett Prize in Insurance Law, was on the winning team of the Bennett Jones Health Law Moot in 2018 and was recognized on the Dean's List in 2019. Mark also volunteered his time with the Civil Project of Student Legal Services, the University of Alberta Faculty of Law Mental Health and Wellness Committee, the Law Show, the Golden Bearristers rugby team and as a student and moot mentor.
Prior to attending law school, Mark obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in History at MacEwan University while completing his undergraduate degree, Mark volunteered his time at the Alberta Aviation Museum, and following the completion of his undergraduate degree, Mark continued at the Alberta Aviation Museum in the capacity of curator’s assistant.
Mark remains actively involved in the Edmonton legal community, serving as a volunteer with the Provincial Court of Civil Claims Duty Counsel Program and the Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Program.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Dean Duckett Prize in Insurance Law, 2019
- Co-Author, « The Scope and Interpretation of Faulty Workmanship Exclusions in Multi-Peril Policies, » MT Insurance Law Blog, May 12, 2020
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel, 2019 – Present
- Amicus Program, 2019 – Present
- Student Legal Services, 2016-2017
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Alberta Bar, 2020
- Juris Doctor (with distinction), University of Alberta, 2019
- B.A., MacEwan University, 2016