( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Lori Goldberg practises in the area of construction law. Her expertise covers all aspects of construction, with a strong emphasis on procurement and contracting. Lori’s direct sector experience and pragmatic approach provides her clients with practical advice, guidance, and solutions to circumvent or address any issues which may arise throughout the life of a project.
Lori joins Miller Thomson with a decade of combined experience gained in house, as General Counsel to one of Canada’s largest construction companies, and in private practice, advising various stakeholders throughout the construction industry. She has represented clients in connection with negotiating and drafting various contracts and agreements, including procurement documents, joint venture agreements, leases, supply agreements, royalty agreements, and agreements of purchase and sale, and with litigation matters including lien claims, trust claims, delay claims, insurance issues, commercial disputes, enforcement actions, and injunctions.
Lori is dedicated to achieving positive outcomes for her clients with an unrelenting focus on efficient and effective strategies that will minimize costs and delays.
- Co-presenter (with Rick Del Vecchio), « Contract Law, COVID-19, and Prompt Payment Legislation« , BILD, February 16, 2021
- Publication, “Considering Covid-19 in New Contracts”, Canadian Bar Association website, Construction Law Section, May 28, 2020
- Panelist, “Don’t be Spooked by the Amendments to the Construction Lien Act”, Toronto Lawyers Association seminar, October 30, 2018
- Speaker, “Negotiating Contracts”, B.I.L.D. Associates Council seminar, November 3, 2017
- Panelist, “Navigating Every Construction Law Landmines – Best Practices for Smooth Digging”, Ontario Bar Association seminar, February 7, 2017
- Adjunct Professor, “BLDG 2090 Principles of Construction Law”, George Brown College, Angelo DelZotto School of Construction Management, Spring 2017
- YPC Committee Member, Royal Ontario Museum
- Member-at-Large, Canadian Bar Association – Construction and Infrastructure Section
- Evening Epic Committee Member, Toronto Symphony Orchestra
- Volunteer Judge, Osgoode Cup Mooting Competition
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2010
- J.D., Queen’s University, 2009
- B.Sc. (Hons.), Joint Degree, Biology and the History of Science and Technology, Combined, University of King’s College & Dalhousie University, 2006
- Certificate, Construction Project Management, George Brown College (School of Continuing Education), 2019