( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Liam Oster is a real estate and corporate/commercial lawyer with a practical, results-driven approach to legal issues. He represents a wide range of clients, and has particular experience with commercial leasing, hotel and shopping centre management, and cannabis industry regulations.
Liam has represented commercial property owners in a wide variety of transactions, including acquisition, sale, financing, leasing and operation of various hotel and shopping-centre properties across Canada.
Liam regularly advises private and publicly-traded cannabis industry businesses on regulatory compliance, licensing applications, national and international supply and distribution agreements, leasing, financing, property acquisition and development, manufacturing agreements, employment contracts and internal policies, and intellectual property issues.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Liam worked in Japan as a legal editor assisting with international corporate filings and arbitrations.
- Panelist, International Cannabis Business Conference: Vancouver, September 2019
- Panelist, Vancouver Business Conference, The Cannabis Society, January 2019
- Panelist, San Francisco Business Conference, Cannabis Society, November 29, 2018
- Panel Chair, “Cannabis Industry Legal Issues and Regulatory Compliance,” Cannabis Trade Show: Vancouver, July 2018
- Presenter, “Cannabis Legal Update,” Grassroots Expo for the Cannabis Curious, Vancouver, April 2018
- Co-Author, “Staffing your cannabis business: What to consider?,” Cannabis Retailer Magazine, Summer 2019
- Canadian Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- British Columbia Bar, 2017
- Clerkship, British Columbia Supreme Court, 2014 – 2015
- J.D., University of Toronto, 2013
- B.A., University of Toronto, 2009