( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Lauren Parrish has a broad practice focusing on civil litigation and administrative advocacy for private and public health industry clients before Ontario’s courts and administrative tribunals. She specializes in medical and professional negligence, professional disciplinary matters, and regulatory issues including health information and privacy, quality and patient safety, physician privileging and mental health.
Lauren has assisted clients in proceedings before the Ontario Court of Appeal, Superior Court of Justice, Human Rights Tribunal, Coroner’s Courts, Health Professions Appeal and Review Board, Health Services Appeal and Review Board, Information and Privacy Commissioner, and health professional regulatory colleges. She has a strong knowledge of the unique legal issues facing the health industry and is focused on providing practical, risk-managed solutions and strategies for her clients.
Lauren sits as a member of the Research Ethics Board for the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and has completed the Osgoode Certificate in Mental Health Law.
- « Institutional Obligations to Mental Health Patients and Staff« , presented with Kathryn Frelick, Coffee Talk: A Health Seminar Series, October 17, 2018
- « Vicarious Liability: When is a Health Care Facility Responsible?« , presented with Lisa Spiegel, Coffee Talk: A Health Seminar Series, November 15, 2017
- “Have You Been Called as a Witness? The Good, the Bad and the Expert Witness”, presented with Andrea Farkouh, Coffee Talk: A Health Seminar Series, October 26, 2016
- “Legislative Update, Risk and Compliance,” presented with Kathryn Frelick, Coffee Talk: A Health Seminar Series, February 17, 2016
- « Maximum Claim in Small Claims Court to Increase to $35,000« , Health Communiqué, November 15, 2019
- « Divisional Court Confirms that Protecting Patients Act Cannot be Applied Retrospectively« , Health Communiqué, November 1, 2019
- « In Shuttleworth v Ontario, the Court of Appeal Confirms that Adjudicative Independence must Exist and Appear to Exist in Administrative Tribunals« , Health Communiqué, October 4, 2019
- « Court of Appeal Confirms that Physicians are Statute-Barred from Claiming Damages Arising from a Hospital Decision to Cease Providing a Service« , Health Communiqué, November 15, 2018
- « What Health Facilities Need to Know About QCIPA 2016 », co-author with Kathryn Frelick, Health Communiqué, May 11, 2016
- “Changes to Food and Drugs Act Address Patient Safety–Passage of Vanessa’s Law”, co-author with Kathryn Frelick, Ontario Bar Association, online, November 14, 2014
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- The Advocates’ Society
- Research Ethics Board, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2015
- J.D. (Dean’s list), University of Ottawa, 2014 – One semester academic exchange, University of Graz, 2014
- B.A. (combined, political science and international development studies, honours, Dean’s list), Dalhousie University, 2011