( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Jordyn Allan maintains a general corporate commercial practice, with a focus in the charities and not-for-profits sector. She provides general advice to these entities regarding incorporations, charitable registrations, operating in foreign jurisdictions, reporting, and general regulatory compliance.
Jordyn also has experience in a wide variety of areas including corporate governance, commercial reorganizations, tax, commercial transactions, wills and estates, and bankruptcy and insolvency.
Jordyn joined Miller Thomson in 2016 as an articling student. She obtained her Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Finance with Great Distinction from the University of Saskatchewan in 2015. She then completed her law degree at the University of Saskatchewan with Distinction in 2016 and was called to the Saskatchewan Bar in 2017.
- Co-presenter, “Slander and Libel and Defamation, oh my!” SaskBooks Conference, June 15, 2017
- Author, “The Winds of Change: How Will the Saskatchewan Government’s New Wind Energy Siting Location Guidelines Impact Wind Energy Developers?”Environmental Science & Engineering Magazine, June 2017
- Author, “The Winds of Change: How Will the Saskatchewan Government’s New Wind Energy Siting Location Guidelines Impact Wind Energy Developers?” Environotes!, April 4, 2017.
- Co-author, “Potentially Interesting Decision on Royalty Interests in CCAA Comes Down to the “Interest in Land” Question,” Financial Services and Insolvency Communiqué, January 16, 2017.
- Co-author, “Navigating Canada’s Federal and Provincial Climate Change Initiatives,” Environotes!, November 2, 2016
- United Way of Saskatoon & Area, Employee Campaign Chair
- Member, Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Saskatoon Women’s Network
Formation et admission au barreau
- Saskatchewan Bar, 2017
- J.D. (with distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2016
- B. Comm Finance Major (with great distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2015