( Disponible en anglais seulement )
John MacKay maintains a general civil and commercial litigation practice. He works with other team members to ensure that client's litigation matters are handled effectively and efficiently. During his time as an articling student at Miller Thomson, John gained valuable experience drafting pleadings, court applications, and briefs.
John obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Calgary in 2017. During his time in the Faculty of Law, John volunteered with Student Legal Assistance and conducted research for Assistant Professor Saul Templeton.
Prior to attending law school, John obtained his Bachelor of Science from the University of Alberta with a major in Biological Sciences and a minor in Philosophy. During this time, John was actively involved in volunteer initiatives, most notably, the Centre for Autism Services Alberta.
John continues to volunteer, now in the Calgary legal community, serving with the Provincial Court Civil Claims Duty Counsel Program.
- Co-authored « Securing Water Rights: Analyzing the Water Act, Case Law and Lessons for Lenders in Alberta », on The Food Web: Canadian Agribusiness and Food Law legal blog
- Co-authored « Refresher on Extras and Back Charges: Impact Painting Ltd v Man-Shield (Alta) Construction Inc« , on Breaking Ground: MT Construction Law Western Canada legal blog
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel, 2017-present
- Volunteer, Student Legal Assistance, 2014-2015
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Alberta Bar, 2018
- Juris Doctor, University of Calgary, 2017
- BSc., University of Alberta, 2014