( Disponible en anglais seulement )
John Downing is Miller Thomson’s office managing partner in London. His practice incorporates a wide range of litigation matters, and focuses specifically on corporate and commercial disputes, professional negligence, product liability, insurance defence, and real estate. He frequently lectures on these topics, including at the University of Western Ontario Law School.
John has appeared as trial and appellate counsel at all levels of the Ontario court system on a broad range of matters, including dealership and franchise disputes, product liability lawsuits, injunctive relief in commercial matters, shareholder disputes, contract disputes, intellectual property disputes, economic torts, applications for approval of company arrangements under the OBCA, commercial leasing disputes, debt collection, and medical negligence actions.
John has also appeared before many boards and tribunals, including the College of Physicians and Surgeons, the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board, the Health Services Appeal and Review Board, and the Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Adjunct Professor and Tutorial Instructor in Advocacy, University of Western Ontario Law School
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Litigation – Commercial Insurance, 2015, 2017-2019; Litigation – Corporate Commercial, 2017-2019
- Director, London Downtown Business Development Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Middlesex Law Association
- Member, Advocates Society
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1998
- LL.B., Western University, 1996
- B.Math, University of Waterloo, 1988