( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Jason Rivait specializes in the area of condominium law and has extensive experience dealing with all condominium related matters. He prides himself on providing clients with concise, practical and timely advice.
Jason represents condominium corporations, condominium unit owners (residential/commercial/retail), property management providers, homeowners’ associations, non-profit resorts and hotel operators.
Jason is actively involved in the condominium industry. He regularly teaches condominium law courses for the Canadian Condominium Institute. He is also a roster teacher for the Registered Condominium Manager (RCM) designation at Humber College. Jason regularly presents at the ACMO/CCI Condominium Conference and other industry events and conferences.
Jason is a member of the Communications Committee for Canadian Condominium Institute, which produces the Condo Voice magazine.
- Buildings Coming of Age, Presenter, ACMO/CCI Condominium Conference, November 2017
- Condo After Dark: Police, Drugs and Spy Cameras, Presenter, ACMO/CCI Condominium Conference, November 2016
- To Be or Not to BnB (Airbnb), Presenter, ACMO/CCI Condominium Conference, November 2015
- Tenants in Condos, Presenter, ACMO/CCI Condominium Conference, November 2014
- The Annual General Meeting Heckler, Condo Voice, November 2017
- Inaccessible Parking: A review of the disabled parking unit exchange, Condominium Manager, April 2016
- The New Condo Act: Effect on Directors, Condo Voice, October 2015
- Condo Act Reform, Toronto Star, May 2015
- Disputes in Condominiums – To Litigate or Mediate, Condo Voice, May 2015
- When is a Condo a Hotel, Condo Voice, Decemeber 2014
- Airbnb Changing Condo Landscape, interview with Law Times, October 2014
- The inadequacy of Reserve Fund Provisions, Condo Voice, July 2014
- Condo Hotels, Condo Voice, October 2013
- Requests for Records, Golden Horseshoe Magazine, May 2013
- Electric Vehicles in Condominiums, Green Building and Sustainable Strategies, April 2012
- Roster Teacher, Canadian Condominium Institute – Instructor for Directors’ Education Courses
- Roster Teacher, Humber College – Instructor for the Registered Condominium Designation (RCM)
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Condominium Institute – Toronto
- Member, Association of Condominium Managers of Ontario
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2009
- LL.B., University of Windsor, 2008
- M.A., University of Windsor, 2005
- B.A., University of Windsor, 2003