( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Jag Gandhi's practice focuses primarily on Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning and Administration. Working with other professional advisors, Jag helps to ensure that clients’ assets are preserved upon death and that wealth is properly transferred to various individuals and organizations in accordance with their wishes. She regularly advises clients on a wide range of matters including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, subtitute decision making, estate and trust taxation, and estate planning and administration.
She is a trusted advisor in sophisticated and complex domestic and cross-boarder estate planning and regularly advises executors and trustees during the administration of estates and trusts. Jag has a specific focus in estate planning for professionals and owner-manager clients, families that have individuals with disabilities and blended family situations.
While starting her career off in the Corporate/Commercial Group at a Toronto firm and then working in-house for a multinational consumer goods manufacturer, Jag practiced Private Client Services at a regional business and tax law firm for nine years prior to joining Miller Thomson.
Jag received her Bachelor of Arts (Honours), from the University of Western Ontario, her Master of Arts, from McMaster University, and her LL.B from the University of Windsor in 2003 and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2004. She also received her Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Certification in 2013.
Jag regularly speaks at various seminars and courses and contributes to related publications. She also sits on the Board of Directors for the Mackenzie Health Foundation in Vaughan, Ontario.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Director, Board of Mackenzie Health Foundation
- STEP Canada, student award for receiving the highest essay grade for 2013 practitioner route, on paper for “Resignation, Retirement and Removal of Trustees” (2013)
- Governance and Nomination Committee of Mackenzie Health Foundation
- Strategic Planning Committee of Mackenzie Health Foundation
- The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners of Canada
- Ontario Bar Association of Ontario – Trust and Estates Section
- Canadian Association of Women Executives and Entrepreneurs
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2004
- The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, TEP 2013
- LL.B., University of Windsor, 2003
- M.A., McMaster University, 2000
- B.A., (Hons.), University of Western Ontario, 1999