( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Jada Tellier is a member of Miller Thomson's commercial real estate group. She collaborates with internal and external parties to ensure that clients' real estate matters are handled efficiently and effectively.
Jada follows a business-minded approach and assists clients with a wide variety of real property matters, including:
- Acquisitions and Dispositions: Represents purchasers and vendors in the purchase and sale of all classes of real property, including conducting due diligence and drafting purchase and sale agreements;
- Financing: Represents borrowers on acquisition financing and project financing matters;
- Ownership Structuring: Assists clients with structuring and implementation of real property ownership arrangements, including drafting co-ownership, partnership and shareholders agreements;
- Real Property Development: Represents developers and investors on residential, commercial, industrial and mixed-use development projects including compliance, marketing and strata matters;
- Leasing: Represents landlords and tenants in office, retail and industrial leasing matters.
Jada also has a keen interest in Indigenous land and economic development. She has experience reviewing First Nation land codes and drafting impact and benefit agreements between First Nations and proponents in relation to proposed development projects in various industries.
Jada graduated from the University of Toronto in 2016. While at law school, she was an editor of the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Indigenous Law Journal and mentored Indigenous law students and law school applicants. She was also an active member of Pro Bono Students Canada and the University of Toronto Aboriginal Law Students’ Association.
- Family Services of Greater Vancouver, Negotiation Seminar Facilitator, 2018
- Indspire (Indigenous Charity), Regional Representative, 2015-2016
- Member-at-Large, Canadian Bar Association, Aboriginal Law Section (Vancouver)
- Canadian Bar Association, Real Property (Vancouver) Section
- Indigenous Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Urban Development Institute
Formation et admission au barreau
- British Columbia Bar, 2017
- J.D., University of Toronto, 2016
- B.A. (Interdisciplinary Studies), University of British Columbia, 2013