( Disponible en anglais seulement )
When helping clients by providing corporate, commercial and regulatory advice, Jaclyne believes that attention to detail, creative thinking, and open communication skills are key to delivering exceptional results and service. She encourages clients to approach her with any concern, to talk through the details and to make informed decisions.
Jaclyne works with a wide range of clients across the supply chain and transportation industries, including road and ocean carriers, passenger vessel operators, load brokers, logistics providers, warehouse operators and other freight intermediaries. She also provides advice to manufacturers, importers, exporters, shippers, distributors and growers.
She has provided advice with respect to various regulatory compliance issues, including federal and/or provincial laws regarding food safety, cannabis, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, privacy, import/export, customs, autonomous vehicles, marine law and the transportation of dangerous goods. She also provides compliance advice in the marketing and advertising space, including reviews of contests, promotions, ads, commercials and other marketing materials.
Jaclyne has also advised with respect to acquisitions and restructurings, including the expansion of foreign-based companies’ operations into Canada, the purchase and sale of logistics and distribution companies, as well as the purchase and importation of foreign flagged vessels.
Jaclyne has negotiated commercial contracts for these industries, including carriage of goods, load brokerage, owner-operator, warehousing, and supply of goods agreements. She has drafted and reviewed distribution, reseller, sponsorship and manufacturing agreements. Jaclyne has also prepared privacy policies and standard operating terms and conditions.
She has assisted companies at all stages, from initial start-up and capitalization to the development and protection of long standing businesses.
Jaclyne has written for various journals and magazines, including The Transportation Lawyer and Today’s Trucking, and has been a speaker for the Transportation Lawyers Association, the Supply Chain Management Association, the Canadian Transport Lawyers Association, the Private Motor Truck Council of Canada and for various private organizations.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Transportation Law, 2022
- Panel Moderator, Transportation Lawyers Association – Chicago Regional, « Navigating the Technological Aspects of Food Safety and Temperature-Controlled Food Claims Makes for a Great Pear », January 2019
- Author/Contributor, Today’s Trucking, « Protect livestock loads from ‘undue suffering' », December 2018
- Seminar Organizer and Speaker, Leamington, Ontario, « Legal Updates for Fruit and Vegetable Growers and Carriers », Topics: Food Safety, Shareholder Agreements and Privacy Law, November 2018
- Author/Contributor, Today’s Trucking, « New food safety rules can extend to carriers », July 2018
- Speaker, Supply Chain Management Association, « Safe Food For Canadians Act – An Overview », June 2018
- Speaker, Truckworld, « Cannabis and the Trucking Workplace: Impact and Accomodation », April 2018
- Author/Contributor, Today’s Trucking, « Rights Defined: Shareholder agreements will protect your interests », March 2018
- Seminar Organizer and Speaker, Leamington, Ontario, « Legal Updates for Fruit and Vegetable Growers and Carriers »,Topics: Food Safety, Privacy Law, and Carrying on Business in Canada November 2017
- Seminar Organizer and Speaker, Leamington, Ontario, « Legal Updates for Fruit and Vegetable Growers and Carriers », Topic: Food Safety, August 2016
- Speaker, Supply Chain Management Association « Limits of Liability – Trucking and Transportation Intermediaries », June 2016
- Speaker, Canadian Transport Lawyers Association, « Modal Update: Road », September 2015
- Corporate counsel for a not-for-profit special needs hockey club
- Board of Directors, Canadian Transport Lawyers’ Association, 2019 – 2021
- Canadian Transport Lawyers Association
- Women’s International Shipping and Trade Association
- The Toronto Transportation Club
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Organization of Women in International Trade Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2015
- J.D., University of Windsor, 2014
- University of Leicester – Study Abroad Program, 2013
- B.A. (hon. Spec.), Western University, 2011