( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Ian Wismer practices corporate and commercial law, advising manufacturing and industrial clients on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures of businesses; incorporation and reorganizations; shareholder agreements; stock option plans, financings; corporate governance, and succession planning strategies. Ian also advises on and assists individuals in the preparation of Wills and Trusts.
As corporate counsel for property and casualty insurance companies, Ian has extensive experience in acquisition, incorporation, and all manners of transactions involving insurance companies in that industry, including obtaining regulatory approvals from the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions. He advises boards of directors on corporate governance and other corporate affairs of property and casualty companies.
With over 30 years of experience in the area of secured transactions, Ian has advised and acted on behalf of borrowers and lenders in all manner of commercial loan transactions and inter-lender priority agreements.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate Law, 2015-2019
- Past Director, Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Waterloo Branch
- Past Director, Rotary Club of Kitchener
- Past Director, Kids Ability
- Past Director, Kitchener Alliance Community Homes Inc.
- Past Director, Project Lift
- Member, Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Waterloo Law Association
- Member, Greater KW Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Communitech
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1982
- LL.B., Western University, 1980
- B.A., University of Waterloo, 1977